We endeavour to treat personal and confidential organisational information with care and respect. To reflect this we are committed to upholding the statements below.
What do we use information for?
We use the information that we collect for a number of purposes:
- To better understand the needs of our customers and how we can improve our products and services.
- To provide information which may be of interest to you about services offered.
- To answer requests that customers or potential customers may have
We collect only the personal information required to provide services to our customers and potential customers. This includes:
Other information is collected by us but this is either made anonymous (as in the case of IP addresses) or is business information (such as Company, or Job Role).
Where we collect personal information, we do so on the basis that the individual has specifically consented or on the basis that an individual has or is entering into a contract with us.
If we do seek to collect personal information through our website, we will be up-front, clear and open about this. We will make it evident when we are collecting personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
When you provide personal information, we will enter and store it in our database and use it to contact you to continue to discuss business, services and products which may be of mutual benefit.
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask to receive a copy of the data we hold on you (right to portability)
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority
If you wish to enact any of these rights then you can do so by emailing email@example.com
Retention and data storage
When we store data, reasonable measures are taken to protect personal information from access by unauthorised persons. This information will be stored, archived and backed up as part of internal systems which are hosted by cloud service providers.
In order to maintain the accuracy and relevancy of information, we perform checks every 6 months and this may include making contact with the subjects of the data to check details.
When we do store information, we keep it for the following periods:
- Information gathered on our website for the purposes of promoting and delivering our services is retained for 12 months from the date of consent being provided.
- Correspondence not relating to a contract will be retained for 1 year following its creation.
- Records and documents relating to contracts and insurance policies will be retained for 7 years after the end of the contract or policy.
- Information and documents relating to unsuccessful job applicants will be retained for 6 months from date of notification to the candidate.
- Other Information will be kept for periods as defined in our retention policies which can be provided on request.
Where else does data go?
As a principle we do not share any of the personal information that we hold. However in the course of running our business some data does get transferred outside of our organisation:
Aggregate information on the usage of our website will be passed to third parties but this will not include data that can be used to identify a natural person. Where we do collect personal information this will be stored on the systems of our software cloud service providers. We have checked and will continue to check that these providers implement appropriate security measures to protect this data.
Is this clear and easy to understand? Tell us what you think – firstname.lastname@example.org